With more than a decade of teaching experience in both MOE schools and private tuition, Dr. Fok possesses an in-depth understanding of the subject matter. He has developed effective teaching strategies to help students grasp complex concepts. Additionally, he has authored popular economics guidebooks that are beneficial to both students and teachers.
- Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours) from Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
- Bachelor of Economics from Murdoch University, Australia.
- Masters of Education from Monash University, Australia.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) from National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore.
- Currently pursuing Doctor in Education (EdD) at National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore.
- Former Ministry of Education (MOE) school teacher.
- Member of the American Economic Association and Economic Society of Australia.
- Member of Australian Association for Research in Education (AARE).
- Member of Educational Research Association of Singapore (ERAS).
Awards and Accolades
- Featured on ‘The Sunday Times’ newspapers as one of the five “most sought-after super tutors” in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘zbCOMMA’ Chinese language newspapers as an inspirational and dedicated teacher.
- Featured on ‘The Sunday Times’ newspapers as an “Economics tutor who puts theory into practice”.
- Featured on ‘TODAY’ newspapers for views on “staying ahead of the academic race”.
- Featured on ‘Singapore Business Review’ magazine as a “top tutor who brings economics theories to life”.
- Featured on ‘Today’s Parents’ magazine for “educating the new generation using unique teaching methodology”.
- Featured on ‘Domain of Experts’ premier tuition platform which names seasoned tutors hailing from prestigious top schools.
- Featured on ‘Channelnewsasia’ article on “bridging the gap between school and tuition”.
- Featured on ‘MediaCorp Channel 5’ TV programme as “an educator with extraordinary qualities”.
- Featured on ‘Popular Club Magazine’ on “How to Master GCE ‘A’ Level Economics”.
- Featured on ‘The New Paper’ newspapers as a “tutor with a passion for Economics”.
- Featured on ‘The Straits Times’ and ‘MyPaper’ newspapers on his views about the usefulness of GCE ‘A’ level Economics ten-year-series.
- Featured on ‘The Straits Times’ newspapers on his views about using cheat sheets as an examination revision tool.
- Featured on ‘Lianhe Wanbao‘ newspapers as a ‘one-man show’ Economics tutor who “wins students by word-of-mouth recommendation”.
- Featured on ‘Shin Min Daily News’ newspapers on his views about the tutoring industry.
- Featured on Singaporean digital news agency ‘mothership.sg’ as the “most amazeballs tuition teacher in Singapore”.
- Featured on ‘The New Paper’ newspapers as a “super tutor with a long waiting list of students”.
- Featured on ‘Singapore’s Child’ Magazine on his views about the “hype and trend of starting young in tuition today”.
- Featured on ‘U-Weekly Magazine’ on his views about the tuition industry in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘8-Days’ and ‘I-Weekly Magazine’ as a tutor who “motivates students to become investors and thinkers”.
- Featured on ‘Scholarship Guide Magazine’ as a renowned economics tutor sharing tips on how to clinch the scholarship.
- Featured on ‘The Straits Times’ newspapers on conducting the economics intensive revision programme that helps students spot topics by analysing past years’ trends.
- Featured on ‘The New Paper’ newspapers for “making economics come alive”.
- Featured on ‘Swiss National Public Radio and Television (SRF)’ on his views about the education landscape in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘MediaCorp Channel 8’ TV programme “A Guided Path”.
- Featured on ‘TODAY’ newspapers on how to ace A-level economics examinations.
- Featured on ‘The Straits Times’ newspapers on his views on conducting ad-hoc tuition classes.
- Featured on ‘Weekender’ newspapers as a “super tutor for super learning”.
- Featured on ‘CNBC’ international TV as “a well-known face of Singapore’s booming private tuition industry and a part of an elite group of super tutors” in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘Southeast Asia Globe’, an international magazine, as a millionaire tutor who believes in offering services that go beyond the standard.
- Featured on the most viewed TV channel in Europe, France TV Channel TF1, on his life as a Super Tutor in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘MediaCorp Vasantham’ TV programme ‘Unmai’ on his views about the tuition industry in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘Lianhe Wanbao’ newspapers on his views about foreign students in Singapore.
- Panel speaker at National Library Board’s 20th Anniversary Celebrations Discussion Forum “Out With Tuition and In With Reading”, moderated by Professor Tommy Koh, Ambassador-At-Large, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Guest speaker on “Official 938LIVE” radio segment ‘Dollars and Sense’ – “Star Economics tutor Anthony Fok helping students make sense of dollars!”
- Guest speaker on “Official 938LIVE” radio segment ‘On the Job’ – “Super tutor Anthony Fok sharing his experience as a full-time Economics tutor”.
- Guest speaker on “Scoring for A-level Economics” at Popular BookFest Singapore 2017 at Suntec City Exhibition Hall.
- Guest speaker on ‘MediaCorp Channel 5’ TV Programme “The 5 Show” about tuition and enrichment classes in Singapore
- Fellow of The College of Teachers, Institute of Education, London, for individuals who have made a significant contribution to educational literature or to educational management at a senior level.
- Registered with the Ministry of Education (MOE), Singapore.
Dr. Anthony Fok, a highly respected economics tutor based in Singapore, has received considerable acclaim and media attention for his teaching methods and the exceptional achievements of his students. Leading Singaporean media outlets such as The Straits Times, Channel NewsAsia, and Today have all recognized his contributions and track record of success in the education field.
As he is well known for his ability to deliver results, parents try all means to put their children in his class.
Featured on The Sunday Times newspapers on 15 June 2008.